The scare of my life

   I've been through a lot in my life time. Most things people would be terrified to live through. But tonight my heart leapt straight out of my chest and straight into panic. My little corner of the world is going through some major storms right now. And when I say storms, I'm talking winds reaching 100 miles an hour, hail the size of soft balls and larger, flash flood warnings, thunderstorms, but worst of all tornadoes. Luckily we are safe and sound only receiving the lesser of all of that.
   With already hearing of 2 tornado touch downs and seeing pictures of what some of the larger hail had caused, well... I was on edge to say the least. Then watching the weather and seeing that the storm was gathering more power and inching its way towards my family in Bowie, I was more or less on the edge of my seat. But then I got a terrifying phone call from Joey stating that a tornado had completely wiped out the town. Thankfully his sources weren't true. But of course my reaction was call mom. After 3 calls and no answer, I called the police department.
    I have never been so relieved to hear "It wasn't a tornado" in my life. Thankfully it was just straight line winds. It did cause some major damage in the town, some damaged roofs, knocked down some power lines, and some other casualties.. but nothing too too scary. At least I didn't have the worry of my in-laws being picked up and carried away. And to my relief I heard from her shortly after calling the police department.
   But this was scary to me. Despite the ups and downs that we have had and everything in between, that is my mom and dad. My mother in law has been there for me for nearly 6 years. She has been there to help me through troubling times when my own mother failed to do so. And despite the fact that Joey and I are no longer in a relationship, she is still my mom and my sons grandmother. I wouldn't know what to do if something had happened to her. I don't even remember having that same shocking fear when my own mother had the scare of cancer. But this woman means the world to me, despite our occasional differences.
    Over all I am glad that my in laws are safe and only having to deal with roof damage. And I pray it is a long time before I ever have the fear of losing them again. But for now please just pray for everyone's safety. Bright blessings lovelies, please send good thoughts our way.

Comments

  1. Thank you sweetie and didnt mean to scare the hell out of anyone but we had a mini crisis we were trying to deal with and everything else at once. But thank you those words mean a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just confirmed it was a category one that hit Bowie. I'm thankful that your family is okay and survived. Texas weather is a brutal mistress.

    https://www.fox4news.com/news/damage-reported-in-bowie-after-possible-tornado-friday-night

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in