Our new Journey

     Well this summer has surprisingly went exactly as I had planned so far. I've managed to get a lot of my Summer to-do list done and the house is coming along pretty well. I still have a few quirks to work out in the girls room but for the most part it is complete. I've also managed to complete both the older boys and the younger boys bedrooms with the exception to a few changes that will be made after Damian's birthday in July. 

    But then I got some big news that is making me have to make my choices a little more wisely since what changes I make will be permanent. It also added a few things to my to-do list. When my landlord came over the weekend she made us an offer that we simply can not turn down. She wants to sell us the house. The price she is asking is unbeatable. So thank god we have already been preparing for this moment. Our credit scores could still use a little work and of course we have to save for the down payment and the closing cost, but we have until March 2024 to do that.

   In the mean time, I have been speaking with several mortgage companies to ensure we get the best deal. So far it looks like our efforts on our credit are saving us a crap ton in interest rates. Instead of the usual 6-14%, we are looking at more 4-6.6%. And our down payment is actually pretty low. So far that is looking to be around 3.5%. So wish us luck on our new journey.

Comments

  1. Thats great news

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! You love the house & now it is yours! Things have really been going well for you. I cannot believe it is June. I just want to hold on to these days. Hope all the kids are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I bought my house, my bank gave me a lower interest rate for having a good bit in my savings account. That is something that might help too. I picked up a second job while we were house-hunting and put all of that money into savings, because I knew we would need it for furniture and buying things for the house. I didn't even know it was going to lead to a much better mortgage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in