Finally

     It's not very often I can say I have nothing but time, and be honest when saying so. Actually if I am going to be completely honest, it's not very often that I have time at all. Well at least not time to focus on myself and things I want to do. I guess that is the cost of raising seven children. I suppose that is why I always seem so burned out. 

    But now that school has let out and summer break has begun, I finally have some time to myself. Don't get me wrong, I love every one of my kids, but mama was in some desperate need of some me time. So that is exactly what I am going to focus on for at least the next month (fingers crossed). 

    Damian has went to spend the first half of summer with his dad, nanna, pawpaw, and will hopefully get in some time with his sisters. I know this is something he has been looking forward to. He enjoys playing on the xbox with his dad and watching youtube with his pawpaw, but I think what he really enjoys is the quality time he gets with his nanna. It never fails, he always comes home telling me about something she has taught him or something memorable that they did together.

   Little miss Jordyn has went to spend the first part of summer with her naynay. As much as I love my daughter, I am glad that she has finally gotten to go. She has been nonstop for weeks about going bye-bye. I guess her moms new found love for relaxing at home doesn't suite her very well. (LOL) She enjoys anything that means she doesn't have to be home. And when she is home all I hear is Baby Shark. 

   Olivia, Blake, and Destiny have found themselves a jackpot. Destiny's step mom (also a friend of mine) decided not only did she want Blake and Olivia for the summer break, but she also asked for a little extra time with them. So they won't be coming home until around July 13th. She has plans of taking them on nature hikes, teaching them how to care for a garden and farm animals, swimming and who knows what else. I have no doubt that the kids will enjoy themselves.

   As for Levi and Raymon... well their summer kinda sucks for a while. They both ended up needing summer school. So they don't get any fun activities for a while. However this doesn't change my plans for myself at all. They are 15 and 16 years old... very well capable of taking care of all their own needs. So as I told them, it's a fend for yourself kind of summer. I will be here if they actually need something, but for the most part they are on their own. I feel bad for doing that but in a way it's a teaching lesson for them. They are just months away from being 16 and 17 years old. They kind of need some sort of experience without me. They need to know how to take care of themselves without mom's constant supervision.

   So seeings as I have this time for myself, I've created a plan for me. During this first week of no (little) kids... I plan to do something special for my kids. I am going to repaint and decorate their rooms. My girls are aging out of rainbows and unicorns, so I am taking all of that color and transforming it into something a bit more pre-teen. Rainbow graffiti!!! It still has the bright colors for Jordyn and Destiny but also has that pre-teen vibe for Olivia. As for the little boys, I think it's time to get past the Marvel characters and move on to something a bit more age appropriate. I'm thinking gaming posters and getting rid of that pastel purple wall in their room. On top of redecorating their rooms I will also be preparing for school some too. I'm creating school zones for all of them. Dedicated spaces for backpacks, jackets, and anything else that could easily be misplaced for school.

   Week two will be all about me and things I've been wanting to do but haven't really made time for. I'm going to figure out how to implement self care into my every day routine. I'm going to reorganize my room to my liking. I'm going to read. But most importantly, I'm going to fish as much and as often as I like. Yes... I enjoy fishing! And yes, I do realize that the older I get the more my southern roots show. But that is perfectly fine. Maybe it's a good thing to just get back to basics.

   Week three I need to focus on preparing for the kids return. This means setting up appointments and making sure they will be up to date on dental, vision, and vaccines. It also means making sure fridges and freezers are stocked and having plenty of summer activities planned for them. Not to mention planning a birthday party for Damian and Destiny who will both be turning 7 in July. These task won't take even a fraction of a week, so of course there will be fishing and swimming involved as well.

   The week prior to the kids return, the goal is to rest. Yep... rest! As much and as often as possible. I want to be relaxed and well rested before spending my part of summer with the kids. And unfortunately My part of summer doesn't get to be all fun and games. I have to prepare them for the upcoming school year so that means a lot of shopping and a lot of appointments as well. So I need to prepare. 

   But anyway... here's to finally having time. Bright blessings lovelies. I hope you al have an amazing summer planned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in