Accomplished

     Yesterday was my first full day of not having any (little) kids in the house. And as predicted I still didn't sleep in. It's like my brain is hardwired to wake up at 9 A.M. if I haven't heard the kids stirring yet. So my day started at early yesterday. I got up and somehow managed to drink a full cup of coffee before it got cold. I managed to post to my blog. Then I finished multiple task on my Summer to-do list.

    The girls room is nearing completion. Really the only thing left to do is wash, dry, and put away their laundry. The decor is complete. However now that I look at it all, it would look so much better with a fresh coat of paint. So I may go ahead and add that to the things I want to get done this summer. Their bathroom got a good deep clean as well and I used some of the left over butterflies from their room to add a little dazzle to their bathroom decor.

   At that point I probably would have moved on to cleaning and organizing my room, but as always... life threw me a curve ball. It seems someone had not closed the deep freezer door, so everything had iced over and quite a few things had thawed. So I spent the remainder of the day chipping away at ice and sorting through our meat supply. I was upset that nearly $200 worth of food had gone bad. Luckily I have an entire month to replace and restock on food.. and that was already on my summer to-do list. 

   As for today, I think I'm going to take things a bit slower. The boys room doesn't need much cleaning. Their bathroom is the main challenge. But I still have older boys home that helped contribute to that disaster, so they will be helping. Although I don't think they are going to like it much.

    For the remainder of the day, I think I'll watch the new show on Netflix. I've been eye balling this show "Queen Charlotte". It's caught my attention a few times. Now to see if it is as good as the previews show. 

Comments

  1. https://txasimplepeacefullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in