Sick

    Someone please tell me where Strep even originated. Friday evening I took a nap.. I felt fine when I laid down, just tired. But when I woke up I felt like crap. My body ached, my throat was dry and itchy, and I had this killer migraine. By the time I went to bed, I was in agony. I figured eh maybe not getting much sleep in the past week has finally caught up to me.

    Saturday morning I tried to wake up but my eyes and head just weren't allowing it. I would wake up, the aches and pains were turmoil. My throat felt as if I had a thousand paper cuts. I felt light headed and just out of it. I was never able to keep my eyes open for more than 5 minutes without dozing off. So I finally checked my temperature.... 102.3. WTF was going on? So I took some meds, gargled salt water, attempted to soak to relieve the body aches, and still felt no better. So back to bed I went.

     Then Brandi woke up with the same symptoms. So I stumbled to find a flashlight. I looked at her throat and I'll be damned if I didn't see puss pockets. So she did the exact same as I did and we went back to bed. We quite literally slept for 16 more hours. Woke up long enough to attempt to eat and check on the kids. And we're back in bed again. By then we were both running fevers of 102+. 

Sunday we woke up running 103+ fevers and felt like life had abandoned us. So we had brandi's sister run us to the emergency room. They new we had Strep before the results ever came back. And sure enough Strep A. What can you do to make a speedy recovery... Not a freaking thing. Take antibiotics,rest, hydrate, and gargle with salt water. Great, just freaking great. 

    So here it is Tuesday and I'm just now to a point I can stay awake for 2-3 hours before I get lightheaded and weak.. the headache is finally gone. (I hope.) But my throat still feels like the bend of your finger the day after a vicious paper cut. I haven't ran a fever in about 12 hours but that's not a very long time. And to top it all off I get notified that I have no choice but to adult today because I'm a mom of 7 kids that have to have things turned in today by end of day.. thank God I can do it over messages. 

    I still have no clue how Brandi is going to make it through a night at work tonight. Dang doctor could have given her 3 days to heal but no... Makes no damn sense.

Comments

  1. Strep is terrible. I hope you & Brandi get well soon. My sister had it once so bad she was bed ridden for 2 weeks. Fever so bad she barely remembered the 2 weeks. I pray none of the children get that. Be careful as it is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pollen here in Florida is killing me! Not as bad as strep throat, of course, but it is hard to breathe. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in