So many changes

   I don't even know where I left off in life if we are being honest. But I feel like we are living an entirely different life. Everything has changed for everyone. So get ready to read a short novel.

   So I do believe everyone knows Brandi went back to work through a temp agency. Well she's worked her ass off and has managed to make her way up the ladder. She was switched to nightshift and trained in a different department. She's doing well there and it's a fairly good place to work. She seems happy with it and has decided that she is going to stay there.

    Her decision to stay at this job pushed us to make another big decision in life. We moved out of Wichita falls. I have to say that alone was one of the best decisions we could have ever made for our family. But it came with some hard to swallow truths. It made us realize that maybe we aren't as close to some of our friends as we had thought. But we all hit realizations like that as adults. That moment when you realize that a friendship was lonely circumstantial. Even with the one hard truth the move was a great decision. It put Brandi close to her job, the kids are in an amazing school district that really strives to meet each ones individual needs, and above all.... Omg this house! 

    I never thought I would see the day that we were actually living in a place like this. 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, a wrap around porch, on 1 acre. Talk about dream house. On top of which I have an amazing landlord that lets me do whatever I want to the house and deducts it from my rent. Did I mention I love this house?

    But with every dream there comes sacrifice. Our sacrifice? I'm back to work. I decided that I'm not going to run my own business anymore. It really does take your whole life away to manage a business of your own. But that didn't stop me from going back to what I'm good at. I made a few friends along my cleaning journey and one is doing well enough to put me to work. I still make my own schedule and make pretty good pay. Plus she treats me more like a partner than an employee. She usually gets my opinion before taking on new contracts or expanding. I just don't have to deal with the financial information and taxes anymore. And thank God for that. Anyone who has to work and juggle the tax laws, deductions, insurance, exc. deserves a freaking metal. That crap is more headache than it seems. 

    But it's okay that I've went back to work. Things are finally settled enough that I feel like I can without having to sacrifice my family. By the time I leave for work the kids are long gone for school, Brandi is asleep, and Jordyn is laid down for her morning nap. By the time I get home Brandi has gotten to spend a couple hours with Jordyn and the kids are on their way home from school. If I need a day off I just say so. Or if I need to work a little more for extra money that week, I just tell my boss. It all works out.

   On another note, I'm also done with therapy. It was a sad day when I heard "last session" infact I almost broke. But the therapist I had been seeing (for over two years) has decided she is going to do something to better herself. She has full confidence that I will do well, I just have to have that same confidence. She went on and on about how she believes I am ready to take on life on my own again. And I feel like maybe she is right. I have learned to set boundaries and stick up for myself. Infact I've learned that lesson really well. I know what I need to do to get my anxiety under control. And I know how to express my needs before depression tries to rule me. Maybe I will be okay. And if not, I know where to find her. 

   But anyway, you're all caught up now. I'm hoping once things settle down a little more I'll be able to get back to blogging regularly. I really miss the blogging community. But as usual time to get back to living life. Have a blessed day lovelies.

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I have as hoping you were okay. You left us on a regular cliff hanger. Joey was supposed to be able to come home. I hope he was okay. Good news to hear Brandi found a great job. A 4 bedroom house? Wow it sounds gorgeous. I would love to have a porch. Hope all the kids are setting in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house sounds amazing! I love porches like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in