Ouch!!!

I am going to start by saying I am so sore. My whole body hurts. Anyone have any guesses as to why I am so sore??? Ok you broke me, I'll tell you why. Brandi and I joined the gym. In doing so we also signed up for a personal trainer once a month. Yesterday just so happed to be our first meeting. We both got a full body scan and then we went out to the floor to start on key exercises that would work on our problem areas. A full hour of pushing us to our breaking points. Normally when one workout starts hurting we just jump to a different machine and work on something else. Well our trainer had something else in mind. We didn't get to stop or take a break. Three sets of everything with 30 second breaks in between. And when we did switch workouts we got a whopping minute and a half. I just thought I felt like I was going to die yesterday. Nope. Today's goal was an hour on weights. And then tomorrow I get to go back and do cardio just like yesterday. My legs are sore, my thighs are sore, my arms and back feel like I lifted someone 3 times my size. I feel like a train carrying 50 cars ran over me... twice. But it's all worth it. It's not enough to just lose the weight. We are striving for fit. I could easily continue to take these pills and shred weight. (By the way I have lost 10 pounds.) But that wouldn't be me being healthy. So here I am.. dying in soreness and stiff muscles. On a plus side I did find out that I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was. I'm actually at a pretty average size.. However I do have a ton of muscle mass.. Mostly in my legs. So that explains why my weight doesn't quite match up to my size. It was also starting to concern me that in the last couple of months I went from a size 14 jeans to a size 11 but only lost 10 pounds. My trainer explained that while I may have been shredding fat I was also building muscle (which actually weighs more than the fat. So she thinks I have actually done pretty good on my own. My trainer doesn't quite approve of my diet though. She doesn't like that I have cut out nearly all carbs and she definitely isn't a fan of me counting calories. She believes in an 80/20 system. 80 percent of health is workout and fitness 20 percent is food. And she very well believes in leaving room for comfort foods. She says it's an important part of mental health. So I have reconsidered some of my diet. She is right. If I deprive myself of certain foods either because of calories or because of it's lack of being a healthy food then I will only splurge when I finally do allow myself to have those foods. Ultimately undoing all of my success. I just have to remember that when I do allow myself to have extra carbs or sugar that I have to work a little harder to burn it off. Brandi is on pretty much the same workouts that I am on. But she is also on a mental health routine. Apparently hormones go wild after having a baby which can cause major weight issues if you aren't careful. Our trainer explained to us that women have many more factors in weight gain and loss than men do, so we really have to take care of ourselves. So wish us luck on our jorney. So far so good.. But we have a long way to go. Now if only we can work through our sorness and get our butts where we need to be.

Comments

  1. Good luck! My plan is to hit weight training pretty hard. I don't want to just lose weight. I want to be fit and strong, not flabby or "skinny fat". It's great you are working out together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in