What in the ????

 

   

   What kind of crap is this? I live in Texas where we are better known for our scorching summer heat. Instead here we are with over 6 inches of snow. So someone please explain to me what happened here. 

    We have been snowed in for the last 3 days. And by snowed in, I mean you can't tell where my porch ends and my yard begins. We have been dealing with below zero temperatures, pipes attempting to freeze, and to add to all of that, scheduled blackout power outages. The city even threatened to turn off all water supply if the consumption did not reduce. But I guess during the power outages enough peoples pipes froze that we are now back in semi normal water consumption levels.

    This winter has been crazy. Especially when you're used to having a 75 degree Christmas and the worst the temperature ever gets is the low teens. The last winter I remember that was even in a comparison was 10 years ago. And let me tell you Texas was not prepared this year. No salt on the roads, no snow plows. I couldn't even find heat tape for our pipes.

    Hopefully this isn't a forecast of what is to come this year. I am beyond ready to get past this plague of snow and back to our normal warm temperatures. Wish us luck down here in Texas. We are all wishing the northern states would come claim their cold, white winters. 

Comments

  1. One of my brothers lives in Texas, and he has been keeping us updated on the issues there. He has lost power and water, too. I hope everything is back on, and that it warms up, soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in