Good News

    So a couple of weeks ago I ended up at the doctors office because the pain in my back had become unbearable. I had to get MRIs and X-rays. When the doctor called me with my results she said that I had some degeneration and that I had some narrowing in my lower spine. Scary right? She said she wanted to get me in to see a physical therapist and a chiropractor. 

    Well today I seen my Chiropractor. He took a second look at my MRIs and X-rays. Well it's not as bad as the doctor had made it out to be. It's still not good because I am only 28 but it can be managed. In fact the chiropractor seems to think that in a years time we can either have the pain at a very minimal. 

    Turns out that most of what is causing my pain is years of neglecting a few pinched nerves and my back needs to be aligned. Even with this being my first visit I can feel somewhat of a difference. I'm not hurting as badly as when I went in today. He managed to get my back to pop in several different places. Even my lower back that hasn't popped in years. Then he put me on a tinge machine. Admittedly it hurt at first, but after about 15 minutes a lot of the pain subsided.  It wasn't until about 20 minutes ago that the pain started to return.

   I have another appointment Monday. He wanted to see me sooner, but I was booked with appointments for the rest of the week. He mentioned seeing me twice a week for at least the next month. (ugh.. my planner is filling up fast.) But at least I know that I'm not completely ruined. I should be back to somewhat normal in a few months. 

    Now that I don't have anyone around forcing me to push my body past it's limits, this should be more of a permanent fix than temporary. I can't wait to be back to my normal self. 

Comments

  1. Glad its not as bad as you were led to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiropractors scare me because I had a horrible experience with one years ago! But back pain is nothing to mess with, so good for you for seeing a doctor and taking it seriously. I hope he helps you to feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in