Just an update

    Can I start by saying ugh... my head hurts? I don't even know where to start. So much has been going on. I guess I'll start by saying that managing an entire household of this size is beyond chaotic. There are so many different aspects to look at before making a final decision. I have thought about our living situation and how each individual will take to moving out of our little city, and of course I had to include how it will effect those closest to us and well... the chances of us moving out of state is pretty slim. 

    It would not just effect us adults. While of course it would be much cheaper to consider Oklahoma, it's not ideal for any of the kids. It would cause them to move schools, change doctors, and would distance them from the people they know and love. That isn't what I'm trying to do here. I want them to have as much of a support system as they possibly can. So it looks like the hunt will continue. I'm now considering talking to my landlord and seeing if they own any larger homes without a huge price leap. On the plus side I have until the end of the school year to figure it out.

   On another note, I almost made a huge purchase today. Destiny's dad offered me an almost irresistible deal on a 2012 Dodge Caliber. It was beautiful. A gorgeous midnight blue in mint condition. How could I pass it up? And with only $200 down and $100 a week until paid off in full. Totaling $2400! But I passed it up. I have a good, running, reliable car now. I don't really need two. Especially since Brandi has her car as well. I'll probably kick myself in the ass for the next few weeks, but I have so much going on already.. I don't need to add a car payment to that. 

   But since we are talking about splurging... I did splurge a bit more on my decor. I bought myself a Jack and Sally (from Nightmare before Christmas) stuffies. And I got myself and adorable Jack and Sally snow globe that plays "this is Halloween". Oh wait.. I'm leaving y'all behind a bit. The other day Brandi took me to the Spirit Halloween store. She got me a very pretty and super comfy Jack Skeleton throw blanket along with a Jack Skeleton coffee mug, and some pretty Jack and Sally decor. Then I went to Walgreen's and found some irresistible buys. I got a Jack Skeleton door wreath that plays "this is Halloween", and some more Jack Skeleton decor. And I found a little something for Brandi as well. I managed to find her a cute skeleton light up snow globe. Just a little something to add to our lovely skeleton decor. (Seeings that most of our home decor is sugar skulls and skeletons anyway.)  

    I'm so looking forward to Friday. Brandi is going to buy the bed set that I have been drooling over for months now. Want to take a guess at what it is? (Hint hint.. Jack Skeleton.) If finances permit she is also going to get the Jack Skeleton Bathroom decor I have been wanting as well. I can't wait. I can feel the kid in me jumping for joy and shrieking in excitement.

   But anyway enough of my jabbering. Time to get back to my adulting. (grrr) I just wanted to stop in and share my thoughts. I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to hear from you all. 




Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the move but maybe something even better will show up. The decorating sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am chomping at the bit to put up our Halloween decorations! I try to wait until October. I have already started wearing my Halloween t-shirt and jewelry, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in