The weekend

   So far this weekend has been great. Yesterday we got a visit from my son's nana. Although he didn't do much visiting and was content playing outside with the other kids, it was still a great visit. We had lunch and coffee and just chatted for a bit... Like old times. Plus I was excited to show off our new house and some of the decorating I have gotten done. It's been a while since we have gotten together and just hung out, but hopefully now we will be able to see more of one another.
    After she left, I wasn't too productive. I've spent the last 3 weeks going non stop and my body is finally telling me that either I take it easy, or it will make me. So I more or less just lounged around for the remainder of the day. Brandi and Joey luckily picked up my slack and allowed me to nap for a bit while they took care of the kids, cleaning, and making dinner. And thank god for that too because my body was on the verge of crashing.
   When I finally did wake up, I woke up to the laundry all being hung and folded, floors swept and mopped, and dinner nearly being done. What a relief it is to wake up to a clean house. I really am lucky to have those two in my corner to help out when I've reached the point of pure exhaustion. I really needed it yesterday. Especially after ignoring my body's every hint to sit down and relax for over a week now. Needless to say I've been pulling my super woman stunts again.
     Once I was awake enough to roll myself out of bed they informed me that we would be having company shortly. So it was a late night of cards, drinking, and joking around with friends. J and R have made it an every weekend thing to come hang out with us. It's something small and simple, but we have fun. It's our way of just relaxing and unwinding from the week. Granted I felt like a kid up way past her bedtime. I guess I really am that tired.
    As for today Joey and Brandi are being nice enough to tend to the house and kids while allowing me some quiet time hiding in our bedroom. I think they actually expected me to nap, but I haven't made it to that point yet. I figured a post was way overdue. So I picked up my laptop instead. Much to my surprise, I've yet to hear a kid knocking at my bedroom door. I'm not sure what they have in store for today... but whatever it is, I'm sure it will be great. Well minus the rain we are supposed to get today. But that is neither here nor there. I'm just glad that this household is getting along and figuring things out.. allowing me to get some much needed down time.
   But anywho... enough of my gabbing. I think I might just lay here for a few and enjoy the silence. Who knows.. I might just take that nap. Bright blessings lovelies. I'm off to enjoy this wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in