2020

     As everyone knows, today is the day we all prepare to welcome year 2020. Even saying that makes me feel my age. While most people are scavenging the liquor stores and planning a big party, I sit here contemplating what it is exactly that I would like to see happen in this coming year. What is it that could make life better, or make it seem more successful? And wouldn't you know, I've hit a stump.
    Life is pretty great right now. Nearly everything in my life brings some sort of happiness. Yeah, there are a few things that could change that might make things better. But over all... I am okay with my life. I've realized that there will always be some sort of struggle.. It's how life keeps us on our toes. Nothing will ever be perfect. That's why we have to make sacrifice and choose what battles are worth a fight. We  could always sit here and focus  on the things that we think would make life better, but we would be focusing on that instead of the things that make life great right now.
    Nearly all of us could stand to bring in some extra income. We could all probably stand to lose a few pounds. We could all stand to be a bit more tidy. We all want to climb the totem pole. But have any of you ever just stopped to enjoy the view? Have you stopped to think about how the changes you want to make may affect the life you have now? How much will you truly sacrifice to achieve those goals?
    I won't lie, I would love to have extra money in my pockets. But how is that extra time away from home going to affect all of my kiddos? They already fight for attention. (sad part is they all have majority of the day with both me and Brandy) Is it going to upset them that they don't see us as often as they do now? I would love to live in a bigger house in a gated community.. But would my kids be upset by moving away from all of their friends and family?
    These are the type of questions I ask myself before making big decisions. I've come to realize that those BIG changes don't just affect me.. they affect my whole household. My happiness isn't all that matters. And at the end of the day it's not the money or the dream of owning a mansion that makes me smile. It's those little moments like taking the kids to the park, or making bath bombs with the kids, or even those little moments when your kids are fighting playfully back and forth about who mommy actually belongs to.
    So I'm not bringing in the new year with goals and fantasies of becoming rich or a super model.. Instead, I'm going to focus on how to keep the things that make me happy now. So Hello 2020.. lets make this year great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in