My loving girlfriend



   I can't even begin to explain how lucky I am to have found such an amazing woman. She really does bring out the best in me. But it's so much more than that. It's difficult to explain, but being with her makes me wonder if I've ever had a healthy relationship in the past.
     Over the last 3 days, I was really sick. I'm talking flu symptoms... sick. Usually that means being sicker than a dog, still taking care of the house, still taking care of the kids, and still doing everything I can to keep my spouse happy. But she wouldn't have it. She let me sleep as much as I wanted.. which basically turned into sleeping 2 full days. She encouraged me to rest. She took care of the house and the kids. And when I would wake up, she would do everything in her power to make me comfortable. I could see the hurt in her eyes knowing that I was sick. It was a look that I don't ever recall seeing except from my mother when I was little. And the look of joy on her face today when I started showing signs of recovery... it's just not explainable. Somewhere between joy and relief.
    How could I have went so long missing these little things? I don't recall any of my exes caring this much about me being sick. Much less taking care of me while I was sick. It was always my job to take care of everyone else. But this is different.

Image result for i love my girlfriend meme

   I can't even begin to explain to ya'll how much Brandi has changed my life. She's changed my whole outlook on life. She always finds the little ways to make me laugh and smile. She shares the load of the world with me. She makes me feel important and loved. And when life (or illness) have me down, she's right there to pick me back up. She is truly amazing. I would be stupid to not admit that I love her. I've got to be the luckiest woman in the world to have such an amazing woman by my side.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in