What it takes

Image result for forgiveness in marriage quotes

Related image


   After a talk with an old friend of mine, I realized the biggest problem we all have in our relationships is that we don't have patience or forgiveness. I remember my grandma telling me shortly after I married my ex that "your marriage will never last a life time if you don't learn to forgive him for the same stupid mistakes every day for the rest of your life." I have to say that goes both ways. But another problem we have is that everyone expects a 50/50 relationship all the time. Well it isn't always like that is it?
   There are always going to be days that your spouse makes a mistake. And there will be a million times that your spouse can't give that 50%. It's those days that you have to dig deep and remember how much you love them. Muster up the strength to cover that little bit that they couldn't give that day. Or forgive them for whatever it is they have done.
   We don't do that anymore. We don't look at our spouses as our other half anymore. This is why divorce rate is so high. I'm pretty sure my great grandparents didn't make it together for 50 years by holding grudges and working against each other. It really gives us something to think about huh? What does it take to have a successful marriage?

Comments

  1. So true it takes a lot more than people are willing to give today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, to an extent. After a while, the same stupid mistakes, made over and over, are not mistakes anymore. So I guess it depends what they are. I do believe our society has become very selfish and no longer thinks of a relationship as a partnership, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I say mistakes I mean silly things like not taking the trash out knowing a full can annoys you.. or forgetting cups in the bedroom.. or leaving the toilet seat up. Simple things. Although sometimes there are larger mistakes that we have to overlook. We must remember that our partners are human too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in