Fun Fun Fun

   Today Damian and I got to enjoy yet another day out with A and B. They took us to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. Which was absolutely wonderful by the way. It's been a long while since I've been out for Mexican. I think we all ate until we couldn't eat any more. Although I should have listened to A and ordered the seafood soup that she had because it smelled amazing.
    By the time we had finished our food and ran a few errands, it was time to pick up their youngest from school. Damian loves when the kids get out of school because it always means play time. But today was a little different. Instead of diving right into the fun, we sat the kids down to watch a little tv while we tackled the house rather quickly. Then the fun really began. We loaded the kids up and took them to an event held by camp fire. There were bounce houses, face painting, tug of war, and food.
   Damian was rather skiddish of the bounce house to start with but by the time we left he didn't want to get out of it. We would have gotten his face painted, but he isn't one for patiently waiting in line. But he did have a blast bouncing around playing with the other kids. So much fun that he didn't want to leave. He cried the entire way home and then refused to get out of the car. I had to pull him out kicking and screaming. Partially because he was tired, partially because he didn't want to leave. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that it was getting late and daddy has an early yard call I wouldn't have came home just yet either.
    We both really enjoy our time with this family. We are always going out, making plans, or just hanging out. It's been great. A and I have so much in common that you would swear we are sisters.. we even have very similar personalities. (Which could get bad if you ever got on both of our bad sides.) We enjoy the same kinds of shows. We have a very close similarity in choice of music. We enjoy the same foods. And best or worst of all... the same things piss us off.  And all of the kids enjoy spending time together.
    To add to all of the fun, tomorrow A and I will be taking a break from our families to enjoy our favorite restaurant. How weird is that? We shared a favorite restaurant even before we knew one another? Told you we had a lot in common. And go figure, neither of our spouses particularly like it.. so we will treat ourselves to it. So the fun continues.
    Bright blessings lovelies. I need to get to bed so I can enjoy yet another day!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun day. It reminds me of a friend I used to have here, because her son was around the same age as my younger stepdaughter, and all of the kids liked to play together. She moved a long time ago. I miss having a close female friend. My best friend from high school lives about 14 hours away...yeah, I don't make that trip very often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in