On a good roll...

    Since having to put off the move, I thought I was going to continue on a downward spiral. You know, the way I normally do when things don't quite go my way. But I've pulled myself out of my slump and moved on to bigger and better things. It's amazing how much a little self care can help.
    Over the weekend I took care of some things for myself. A new hair cut, dying my hair, getting a few  new cosmetics, getting my nails redone, and of course new clothes. It's going into summer so I invested in a few dresses. Nothing too flashy, but the styles definitely suit my body type. I am absolutely in love with them. I also got a couple of new sugar skull shirts, and daddy tried to convince me to buy a pair of matching sugar skull shorts but they just weren't my style.
   The remainder of the weekend, of course, was dedicated to family time and the kids. Needless to say there was quite a bit of money spent on bubble guns and bubbles. The kids absolutely enjoyed themselves. Poor miss Ally wasn't ready to leave. For an hour she nagged and whined wanting summer to be here already. But unfortunately, she had to go home. She wasn't happy about it at all. And honestly, I wasn't either after her comment of "Mom always acts like I'm sick and I never get to play outside." But I have come to terms that I can not control the things that go on outside of my home, so I will make sure she gets plenty of time outside over the summer.
    Monday, I kind of made up for having such a busy weekend and lounged around for the majority of the morning. But I suddenly got a wild hair up my ass and got on a roll. There are some things in life that I have put off and put off either because I didn't figure I would ever need it, I didn't have time, or others found it unnecessary for me to do so. I took care of one of (or at least the majority of it) those things yesterday. After such a huge accomplishment, I decided to get myself up and do more with the day. So while my MIL was out picking up and dropping off people at work, I decided to clean her house and start dinner.
   I've decided since, that I'm going to start pursuing more of the things I want in life. Once upon a time... way back ten years ago I had started to pursue one of the major things I wanted in life. A cosmetology degree. I've always been good at hair, nails, and makeup.. I wanted to make a living off of it. It was once said by a wise individual "If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life."-Marc Anthony. So I have decided that once Damian has been enrolled in school, I will go on to pursue my life long dream. I guess you could say that my big achievement yesterday set a fire under my ass.


   As for today, I will be back to my daily grind. The house was left a disaster Sunday morning and I wasn't home Sunday night to do anything about it, so as you can pretty well figure, it is in need of some TLC. So I'm off to get the day started. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I can't wait to hear all about it later today. Bright blessings lovelies. It's going to be a great life.

Comments

  1. What a great idea! How long does it take to finish cosmetology school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 months to a year and a half depending on the courses you take and which school you attend.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in