Late Mother's day update

    Mother's day for my MIL and I actually started Saturday. We did a bit of shopping... Well honestly a lot of shopping. That's literally all we did for 2 days. For the most part it was fun. So I'll start with the good.
   On the plus side while my MIL and i were out, we had a blast. We jammed to music, we talked, shopped, and just had a good time. We both got lots of new goodies. She talked me right into buying a traveler's notebook. I got quite a few new clothes. A new purse and matching wallet. I got some new makeup from Ulta beauty. And managed to even get the stuff to dye my hair back to my natural color with BRIGHT red highlights. 
     We really did have fun. But people, as usual, get on my nerves. All I heard was jealousy crap because mom and I were allotted money to go do as we pleased. I heard snide comments. And then to top it off when we got back to my inlaws, the house was dirty. To me that was a slap in her. After all she does to support her whole household, and she couldn't come home to at least the dishes being done?!?! I quickly brushed it off to salvage the remainder of the day, and ended it well.
    Over all it was a pretty good day. My heart was melted early Sunday morning when I heard from all of my kids (asides my step children). Even my friends daughter and son called me and wished me a happy mother's day. I had a wonderful day out with my MIL, and I got nearly $250 worth of new things. I call that a win.
    How was mother's day for the rest of y'all?

Comments

  1. I had a busy but great Mother's Day. This is the first year that my stepkids honored me on Mother's Day, so it was nice to finally be recognized for all that I do! The shopping trip sounds like a lot of fun. I found a great deal while we were traveling, stopped at a store we don't have out our way, and got myself a new purse too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in