A little bit for me

    This post is actually a little late, but I was tired last night and wanted nothing more than to curl up with my hubby and catch some zzz's.
    Yesterday I made it into a me day. Not a "I need quiet time" day, but a "I need pampered" day. So thats exactly what I did. Daddy took little man for the majority of the day while I focused on me. I definitely got caught up on my maintenance, and I feel so much better for it.
     I started the day out with a cut and dye. Yes ladies, I cut my hair again.. But not much. I swear. I only took off a little over an inch and had it thinned. I'm actually working towards growing my hair back out. It currently sits about my bra line, but I'm looking forward to it being at my waist line again.
  Then I was off to do some shopping for myself and the kids. Each of the kids got 2 new outfits and momma picked up 2 new dresses and a couple pair of heels. And might I dare say... I look amazing in both dresses. I also got a few little things here and there and grabbed some groceries, but nothing too important.
     After showering and spending about an hour with the hubby and our son, my MIL and I took off to run a few basic errands and to pick up daddy's matching ring to mine from being resized.

(Aren't they beautiful? Pictures really dont serve them justice.)

    Shortly after returning back to my MIL's, I had to take off again. Why you ask? It was time for this girl to get her manicure on!! I aced getting out of my comfort zone. They are gorgeous (though not something I would normally do). Want to see?

     By the time I got out of the salon (after a manicure and spending an extra 30 helping my nail artist figure out a good trim color and counter tops for her home remodel), daddy and wee man were already headed out to get my step daughter... So I went home to enjoy some quiet. I cleaned and made some preparations for little miss. I enjoyed some down time, and made dinner. 
     When everyone finally got back into town, daddy dropped off the kids with me while he ran out to get a few things I had left at my MIL's. Both kids clung to me like magnets. Ally immediately realized I had changed my hair and nails and was eager to check them out. (Of course that was followed by lots of oohs and ahhs from my little man.)
    I got to finish off the night with my family and good conversation. My MIL even joined us for dinner and coffee. We all shared the events of our day, had a few good laughs, and just enjoyed our time together. Now on to enjoy a wonderful weekend with the family. 

Comments

  1. I love that turquoise color on your nail tips. My younger stepdaughter and I enjoyed a shopping trip over the weekend. It's nice sometimes to treat ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This week in review

In my feelings

Just popping in